Monday, April 12, 2010

MONTESSORI Madness-Part I

Quisiera compartir con ustedes algunas de las actividades que Ym ha estado trabajando en las pasadas dos semanas, o algo asi. (Este es mi mejor intento en ponerme al día con mis publicaciones :)
***
I'd like to share with you some of the activities Ym has been working on the last two weeks, or so. (This is my best effort in catching up on my blog :)

LENGUAJE / LANGUAGE

Presentamos la "e" (eeeee).
Aquí en esta otra publicación expliqué cómo hemos ido trabajando esta parte del lenguaje.
***
Presenting the "e" sound.
Here is an explanation of how we do this part of language.



Los objetos con la "e" son:
esmalte, estrella, espejuelos, espejo, escorpión
***
These are all "e" sound objects en Spanish.


Tambien presentamos la "i" (iiiii).
***
We also presented the "i" sound.


Los objetos con la "i" son:
iguana, imán, imperdible
De estos, no conseguí muchos :(
***
These are all "i" sound objects en Spanish.





MATEMÁTICA / MATH  

Contando y Trazando del 1-5
***
Counting and Tracing from 1-5

Primero, contaba los pedazos de sorbeto y los enterraba en la bolita de plasticina.
***
First, he'd count the little pieces of straw and stuck them right into the balls of clay. 

Luego, trazaba el número en escarcha y, por último, contaba palillos de dientes mientras los enterraba.
***
Then, he'd trace the glitter number and, finally, counted the toothpicks and put them through the straws.

Para ser honesta, cuando llegó al 5 estaba muerto del cansancio.
***
To be honest, he was exhausted by the time he got to 5.


Esta actividad fue en esencia lo mismo pero con una variante. Tenía que introducir el palito de madera por el cilindro de cartón. “El mismo perro con otro collar” dirían en mi pueblo. Aún así le encantó!
***
This activity was basically the same as the previous one. The only difference was having him introduce the wooden sticks through the paper towel carton. As our saying here in PR goes: "Same dog, different collar". He really liked this one!


Unos rompecabezas de numeros en foam.
***
Foami number puzzles


Y esta actividad... NO ESTABA PLANIFICADA. Pero, cuando le presenté Juego de la Serpiente a su hermano jamás imaginé que el otro travieso me lo pidiera. No sabía qué hacer :( Pero hice mi mejor intento. Creo que debo buscar más información ...
***
And this activity...WAS NOT MEANT TO BE. It all started when I presented the Snake Game to big brother. Ym was around us and begged for the presentation. "What should I do?", I thought. So, I did my best effort. I guess I need to search for more information...



Si desea ver mas actividades visítenos mañana para ver la Parte II.
***
If you'd like to see more activities come back tomorrow for Part II.


Hasta la próxima, mis amigos! Gracias por su tiempo.
***
Later, my friends! Thanks for your time.


3 comments:

  1. GREAT job on everything, Karen!! You are an amazing Montessori mama!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Acabo de encontrar este blog y te digo que estoy tan feliz. I'm not trained in Montessori, though I did read up on it as I finish my masters in education. Ahora con un niNo de 16 meses veo lo tanto que el naturalmente encuentra interesante y lo tanto que yo le quiero ayudar. Ademas atentando sola en hacer lo todo en espaNol... Es dificil cuando mi esposo no habla el idioma y siendo criada in NY no tengo todas las palabras a veses para decirle las cosas que quiero a mi hijo. So I hope that you're blog will allow me the vocabulary I'm missing along with some great Montessori ideas.

    :]

    -Ana

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just contacted Mari-Ann... and she really meant to say Evelyn. Evelyn not Karen! (That's alright, the Karen I know is a sweetie, and an extraordinary Montessori mama.) THANKS Mari-Ann!

    Ana: Your comment just made my day. In fact, my whole week! Thanks so much! Feel free to contact me anytime. I speak/write more Spanish than English so you might find a few errors here and there. Looking foward to reading your comments. Learning goes both ways, right?
    Hugs from PR

    ReplyDelete

GRACIAS por comentar en el blog de 2 Pequenos Traviesos!
A nosotros nos ENCANTA leer sus comentarios y contestar preguntas tambien. Esperamos su visita nuevamente...
THANK YOU for your comments on 2 Pequenos Traviesos blog! We really LOVE your comments and answering your questions as well. Come back soon...